Sunday, June 27, 2010

My last few days in Melbourne

So I had been hanging out with Gracie Chong throughout the past few days ever since the very day my exams ended. It's been really great having her in Melbourne and I am more than glad that she's here. Seriously, she made such a huge difference in my Aussie experience. What more can you ask for than having one of your best friends with you in a foreign country when you're new here?

Basically it was "splurgymania " for the both of us. We went shopping all day at Swanston, Bourke, South Wharf, Harbour town, Vic Mart etc. Well we did not only shop for ourselves, but we also had a mission, which is to fill our siblings' shopping lists. It wasn't easy buying things for other people because you really wouldn't know if the things you find pretty, will seem the same to them.

Wanted to really get something for dad, mom, grandma, aunts and cousins too but perhaps it's also cos of the generation gap, I just can't seem to think of anything good enough to surprise them with besides food and chocolates, which means that there aren't much surprises to give =( But anyways, glad I know that dad loves kit kat and so I bought those for him because apparently kit kats here are nicer =D And my bro better treat me better for the effort I made to find his stuff - walking under the rain in freezingg weather just for you my lovely brotha. O=)

And then Graciechong and I splurged on food as well. Just wanted to eat all the nice food here that I will certainly miss when I get back to Malaysia. Ying thai, Stalactites' Souvlakis, Freddos' gelatos (OMG FREDDOS IS ), KFC's fries (which is different from the ones in Malaysia)... I'm missing those already! And all my arnott's bisuits too. Stocked up but I am sure it'll finish in no time when I get home. sobz. Too addictive. T.T

What made the past few days even greater was that Grazes came over and stayed over at Caulfield. Yay sleepover! It was awe-damn-some. Else it would be only Janice and I in the house cos Beckz is in Malaysia, Navz in Brisbane, and Pohz in Sydney. Watched movies and have chats at night. It was just chillaxingly fun.

Went for big breakfast with Grazes on this very beautiful Sunday morning before her flight back home to Malaysia. Oh gosh the breakfast was loveleh! With a cuppa latte to perfect things up. Super satisfying. After bidding farewell to Graciechong, I decided to go shopping on my own. I took a really nice walk on my way to South Wharf DFO. The sun was out, the weather was just perfect, the view was beautiful, and Yarra river never seemed prettier than this before.

Maybe it is because I was walking alone so I had time to slowly walk along the river while enjoying the sun and scenery around me. I even stopped to take pictures (and took 1 of myself too =P). Everything was just perfect. Very peaceful and nice. Super awesome ♥ Spent quite some time in Borders reading a book, and then off to Cotton On which is a must to visit @ South Wharf cos things there are seriously insanely cheap! haha. =P

Almost 3 quarter done with packing and thankfully I have Grace to help me big time to carry my stuff home. Oh gosh, it was indeed a very big favour from her and I couldn't thank her more. She just made my life easier so I have less trouble bringing all my stuff home. Tried to also rely on some friends who are going back to Malaysia for hols (thought they had less to carry) but not all are as willing as Gracechongz and my housemate Navjitz. haha. Thanks girls. Truly appreciate your help! That's why I always say girls are nicer you see =)

Alright I better go now this post is getting too long. It's 4 days til I'm home! Man it's sooner than I thought. See ya when I'm home people!

Til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment