Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The reason why I'm going home =)

Well as most of you know, I am currently studying in Australia now.

And by now I guess it should be quite safe for me to say that I will be going back to Malaysia for good in July.

I came here as an Intercampus Exchange student from Malaysia, expecting to go home in July to complete my course. Although, I did think of transferring to Australia (and subsequently graduate here) all along before I decided to choose to go on exchange instead, but in the end I chose to Exchange rather than Transfer cos I thought there'd be more flexibility and more options for me in deciding whether I actually wanna stay in Aus for a year. Besides, I was told by the staffs back then that I could extend my Exchange to Transfer if I wish to stay in Aus to complete my course after the duration of my Exchange.

Well many people told me to transfer to Aus and complete my studies here (Especially relatives who pressured me to do so as they have this mindset that studying in Aus is better than in Malaysia). So that was what I did and I just tried to apply and see the outcome. But little did I know that they had this stupid policy that not all campuses apply. The only campus that I wanted to go to does not allow me to transfer c os of some policy thing.

But the campus that would actually allow me to transfer does not offer the major that I am currently doing and I may be required to study for 1 extra semester in order to take up all the units for the major that they offer. Well in a nutshell, I am doing Accounting and Banking & Finance major but the campus only offers Accounting and Macroeconomics & Finance which is different.

So for those of you who had been previously wondering why my application wasn't quite successful, I hope this enlightens you =)

I would just say that a university with 6 campuses in Australia (not mentioning name here) just complicates things as the application of their policies aren't consistent at all.

But anyway, it means home sweet home soon! As I've always mentioned, I miss home. Especially my parents I miss them extremely much. And the convenience of having car to chauffeur me around rather than walking everyday to uni under the rain (bad weather), having mom to cook for me than cooking myself and doing chores on my own.... and so on.

I sometimes even wonder how I'm gonna survive the coming Winter when Autumn is already too cold for me to take!

And and! The good thing bout going back to Malaysia to complete my studies is that most of my friends are also currently on exchange and all will be going back to Malaysia next semester too! So yeah, I have friends to graduate with in Malaysia, rather than having like only 1 or 2 friends in Aus.

So that pretty much explains my mixed feelings (in previous post) as well. I do miss Aussie no doubt, but I did have my fair share of fun. What I'll miss most is of course, my housemates here who, also, will be going back to Malaysia soon! (Can't wait for that reunion).

PS: I actually hope that you girls can attend my graduation =P We'll see how yeah! =)

On a random note, Janice randomly mentioned that day in lecture that she wants to go to Sunway Pyramid (as though Sunway Pyramid was reachable by car from where we are now) =| But it was funnayyyy... Soon, Janice, sooon!! =D

Ok this post is starting to get too wordy. Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment