Monday, May 31, 2010

A weekend well spent.

So many things to do, so little time.

Finals are coming up so soon but I have no mood to study because I can't wait to go home and keep thinking bout going home! How now brown cow?

Pray pray that I get the mood =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came home after being in the city for 2 days. Currently overdose of public transport (tram + train) I still feel the sway as though I'm still on the tram/train. Gah.

Anyway, I went to the city during the weekend and stayed over at Grace's house so that we girls have more time to spend together before we officially start our exam-stressing period. Despite that the word "exam" kept appearing in our conversations/thoughts. we still managed to have great fun. Unfortunately Miss Grace's exam is sooner than ours so she was divided between going out with us, and studying for her exam. And 3 of us spent our night at her place studying too! Which is good, at least I did something productive during the weekend =)

We also managed to have video call with Shari cupcake who is currently in UK. She and Suan are also going back to Malaysia in July and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!! =D =D =D

This trip was mostly spent exploring food that people in Melbourne say are must-tries. And so we tried Grill'd burger and chips, Ying Thai (damn awesome all of us have been there so many times), and Max Brenner for the first day. We were so full after Max Brenner and so we decided to call it a day on food. All were awesome, omg. That explains why my face is so round now Just gotta stop stuffing myself with junks and snacks irrelevantly. ha!


Hello Grace! =D



Chocolate Souffle. So rich, so gooddddd.



Lau Sekkoln with the hug mug.



This is my hug mug.


Then second day, we spent the morning studying too (a bit), and decided to try Mackers here. A friend mentioned that we should try all the bacon burgers here because we don't have them in Malaysia cos they're pork. Which is true and I am always curious how diffferent the Mackers will be here in Australia than the ones back home in Malaysia. Well nothing much in particular that they are different, only that they have extra bacon in their burger, and the cheese here seems more high class than in Malaysia. haha.

On the way out we decided to take some pictures cos the scenery outside Grace's house was so beautifully autumn =D


This is outside Grace's house. Victorian stlye. So beautiful.
















Chicken Bacon Deluxe was nice but I still prefer Spicy Chicken Mcdeluxe =)


And then Ee Ann and I went to visit the State Library. Seriously, this magnificent library is so amazing it still amazes me. It is so huge I felt so small in it and I almost got lost in there. It looks so ancient. so Harry Potter-ish and also National Treasure-ish (the scene in the library where part of the clue for the treasure was hidden and Nicholas Cage had to go there and find).

Mind you, the pictures below are only showing one hall (the La Trobe Reading Hall), and there are many other halls as well! But I liked La Trobe most cos it's the most ancient =)













And since we brought our notes, we decided to stay there for 2 hours to study. I liked the atmosphere. The studious silence was amazing and it felt really like a library (a majestic one). However though, in such an ancient atmosphere, it feels a bit odd to hear people turning on their laptops with the windows startup music, handphones ringing etc. I mean, seeing them using laptops in this ancient environment, is odd enough. It's like ancient yet modern? =/





Studious me studying :P





At night, my housemates and I had this monthly dinner outing. And this time, we went to Vege Bar at Brunswick street. To get there, we had to walk through a kinda dark street which apparently was very notorious. 5 of us were so scared we quickly marched through that dark street with a pepper spray in Sarah Poh's hands ready to spray whoever that comes near us. It was just funny how we walked so fast and 5 of us walking side by side... LOL.

And we finally reached Vege Bar. Food was good, especially the Funghi Pizza. Unique ambiance. After that we explored the shops along that street. They sell really unique collectible stuff but I must say, also, that that place was kinda scary cos some shops sell weird stuff and have weird deco as well. It really felt like an adventure. Thrilling yet fun. Haha.

Then 5 of us each got a drink and gathered in Sarah's room for bonding session. It felt really nice that 5 of us finally properly sat down together with drinks (and snacks after that) and talked to each other bout random stuff. We slept exceptionally late that night but it was really nice. =) Pictures of these up soon. I haven't got them from Janice yet =)

Missing them already. Sigh, there's exams to face before it is home sweet home. Depressing, just like a stone, a burden, in my heart until the exams are over.

Oh, Navjit is baking marble cheesecake for us tonight! Let's hope it's not a disaster
Oh I forgot to mention that the other day's Mediterranean dinner was a success it was SO GOOD. =D



Recipe recipe..



Ah, I'm so proud of these pants sewn by Grandma. my housemates would have probably gotten so sick of me admiring my pants all the time. =P









Dinner! lovesssss. =D




Anyway, gotta study now, take care. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment