Sunday, August 9, 2009

Colours of life (1)

I attended this conference on Saturday and Sunday. It's the 3rd Malaysian Student Leaders Summit (MSLS). Well what I wanna say bout this is that, I feel so intellectually challenged with so many people from universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE, plenty plentyyyy more and even a minority from Harvard o_O.

Most of them are studying in the UK, while I on the other hand, am pursuing my studies in Monash, an Australian university. Consequently, when those studying in the UK were discussing bout their respective universities and their studies and the UK (particularly London), I felt left out as mine was a different system (Australian) altogether. It's like basically majority of the participants were UK students. And mind you, many of these UK students know each other. I felt so left out as I was sorta the odd one there. But I assure you, if this is a conference organised by students studying in Australia, I will definitely NOT feel as left out as I did here =)

However, this was a good experience as I got to listen to Tun Mahathir, YB Khairy, A Samad Said, Sheikh Musaphar Shukor the angkasawan and many many more speak in person. It was very enlightening indeed. Oh and Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon was so friendly he came up to us and shook our hands while we were just hanging around among ourselves. That experience was priceless. In a nutshell I felt honoured to be there. =)

I think we took some pictures but they are in Shari's camera. Will post them up if I get them. Now I shall resume my assignment. Toodles =)

No comments:

Post a Comment